Katie Evans represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including wage and hour matters, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, contract disputes, and other employment-related claims. Katie’s practice involves all aspects of litigation and she regularly advises employers in all areas of labor and employment law.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Katie was an associate at a plaintiff’s side employment law firm. During this time, she gained substantial experience in complex wage and hour class actions and PAGA representative actions. Having represented both employers and employees gives Katie a keen understanding and perspective on how to effectively advise employers through complex employment issues.
Katie graduated with distinction from the University of San Diego School of Law where she served as an Executive Editor of the San Diego International Law Journal. During law school, she externed for the Hon. Karen S. Crawford of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California; the Hon. Patricia D. Benke of the California Court of Appeal, 4th District, Division 1; and the Hon. Margaret M. Mann of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California. Katie also gained valuable experience writing appellate briefs and arguing before the California Court of Appeal as a certified post-bar law clerk for the California Office of the Attorney General.
Honors & Leadership
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- When Winter Weather Strikes; Mastering FMLA, FLSA, & Other Challenges During Emergency Shutdowns
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D., 2018, magna cum laude
- University of ArizonaB.A., 2011, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California