Kenneth A. Knox
Ken Knox is a partner in the firm's Fort Lauderdale office. He represents employers in all types of state and federal court litigation, including claims of unlawful discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage-hour, breach of contract, and whistleblower cases.
Ken also represents private- and public-sector employers in labor law issues brought before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the Public Employees Relations Commission (PERC).
In addition, Ken represents employers in administrative matters involving Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including conducting investigations into workplace accidents, assisting in the development of preventative measures, and responding to citations and complaints issued by OSHA and claims of retaliation brought by individuals.
Ken counsels employers on hiring, discipline, and termination of employees, as well as numerous other employment issues to ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment laws.
He also regularly conducts training for managers, employees, and trade groups regarding employment law- and labor law-related issues in the workplace.
Ken is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, and he was recognized as a South Florida Top Lawyer by South Florida Legal Guide. He was also included in the 2012 edition of South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers, presented by Legal Leaders.
Kenneth Knox was recognized in the 2014 edition of the South Florida Legal Guide as one of the “Top Lawyers” in South Florida.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Broward Bar Association
- Air Defense Artillery, Army
- Fisher Phillips Named Top South Florida Law Firm, Four Firm Attorneys Named in 2017 Edition of South Florida Legal Guide1.30.17
- Fisher Phillips Named Top South Florida Law Firm, Five Firm Attorneys Named in 2013 Edition of South Florida Legal Guide1.11.13
- Six Firm Attorneys Named in 10th Edition of South Florida Legal Guide9.23.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Florida State University College of LawJ.D. 1989, with high honors
- Bowling Green State UniversityB.A. 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court