Kelsey E. Beerer
Kelsey focuses her practice on representing employers in litigation and arbitration involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, unfair competition, and wage and hour claims.
She also counsels employers on a broad spectrum of day-to-day employment matters, including discipline, terminations, leaves of absence, and wage and hour issues. Kelsey has experience handling workplace investigations and assists employers in drafting policies, handbooks and employment-related agreements to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Prior to entering private practice, Kelsey served as a Law Clerk to The Honorable John A. Parkins, Jr. of the Superior Court of New Castle County, Delaware. In addition, during law school she served as a law clerk for the National Labor Relations Board, the Federal Labor Relations Authority and the in-house employment law group of a large financial services firm.
- Successfully defended Philadelphia law firm in action brought by former shareholder in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- Secured a temporary restraining order against a former employee of client construction company in Pennsylvania federal court.
- Represented Pennsylvania state entity in disability discrimination action in federal court, resulting in the dismissal of disability claims.
Honors & Leadership
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Presented on the topic of ‘FMLA, ADA and Mental Health’ before a Labor and Employment Symposium at Lincoln Financial Field (October 2019)
- American University, Washington College of LawJ.D. 2016
- University of PittsburghB.A. 2013
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania