Kelsey E. Beerer
Kelsey has been named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021 Edition) and is recognized for her talents in the area of Employment Litigation.
Kelsey is a member of the Firm’s Innovation Committee with a focus on the many strategic opportunities presented by advances in technology.
Kelsey Beerer is an Associate in the firm’s Philadelphia office and she brings both private and public sector experience to our labor and employment practice representing employers nationwide. Kelsey brings depth of proficiency to clients with respect to both employment-related litigation matters and traditional labor matters, and participating in all stages of administrative investigations and hearings.
In her litigation practice, Kelsey handles a wide array of employment-related matters both in court and at the administrative level. Such matters include discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, unfair competition, and wage and hour claims. Kelsey also devotes significant time to employment counseling on a broad spectrum of day-to-day employment matters, including discipline, terminations, leaves of absence, and wage and hour issues. She has handled workplace investigations and assists employers in drafting policies, handbooks, and employment-related agreements to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Aside from Kelsey’s employment litigation and counseling work, she routinely deals with labor relations matters. Specifically, Kelsey assists her clients in collective bargaining, union campaigns, NLRB proceedings, and arbitrations.
- Obtained summary judgment in ADA failure to accommodate matter in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully defended Philadelphia law firm in action brought by former shareholder in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- Secured a temporary restraining order against a former employee of client construction company in Pennsylvania federal court.
- Represented Pennsylvania state entity in disability discrimination action in federal court, resulting in the dismissal of disability claims.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Named, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee Member (2021 – 2023)
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee
- The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, Young Professionals Council
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Presented on the topic of ‘The Issues of Ageism in the Workplace’ at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (August 2020)
- Presented on the topic of ‘FMLA, ADA and Mental Health’ before a Labor and Employment Symposium at Lincoln Financial Field (October 2019)
- Keystone Employment Law Blog9.18.20
- American University, Washington College of LawJ.D. 2016
- University of PittsburghB.A. 2013
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania