Jeff Smith is a partner in the Cleveland office and a member of the firm's Employee Benefits Practice Group. He works with clients to create, implement and maintain their retirement and health plans.
He also advises employers on the impact of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and Voluntary Employer Beneficiary Associations (VEBAs).
While in law school, Jeff served as Executive Notes Editor and earlier as Associate Editor of the Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine. He has been selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers - Rising Star three times. He was also listed in Best Lawyers in 2017.
Honors & Leadership
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Symphony West Orchestra
- Six Others Listed as Rising Stars12.2.16
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “The Affordable Care Act: Ten Things You Need to Know"
- “Healthcare Reform Check-up: Key Concerns for Employers"
- For Employers, It’s Business As Usual…For Now1.23.17
- Case Western Reserve University Law SchoolJ.D. 2004, cum laude
- Baldwin Wallace UniversityB.S. 2001, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio