Justin McConnell is an associate in the firm's Orlando office. Justin represents employers in areas of employment law and civil litigation.
Justin has extensive experience in partnering closely with business owners, management, and human resource professionals to maintain issue-free workplace environments, and represents employers of varied sizes and industries. He regularly advises and counsels on matters such as employee handbooks and policies, wage and hour compliance, unlawful harassment, unlawful discrimination, retaliation, non-competition agreements, employee contracts, discipline, and terminations, and is well-versed in matters arising under Title VII, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as various Florida state and local employment laws. Justin pairs his employment law experience with an equal breadth of experience in civil litigation, and has represented clients on matters such as wage and hour litigation, commercial lease, shareholder, and other business litigation, insurance claims litigation, and probate and trust litigation.
Justin earned his undergraduate degree in legal studies from the University of Central Florida, summa cum laude, and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law. While in law school, he was a competing member of the University of Florida Trial Team and the Florida Moot Court Team, and helped his teams excel in mock trials and moot court hearings across the southeast.
While at UCF, Justin served as Chief Justice of the Judicial Branch of the Student Government Association, an organization charged with representing UCF's student body of over 50,000 students, and was a member of the President's Leadership Council, where he acted as a trusted ambassador for the university.
Justin's background, experience, and confidence in the courtroom means he is a powerful and trusted advocate for his clients at each and every step of the litigation process.
Honors & Leadership
- Secretary, Greater Orlando Society for Human Resource Management - 2020
- Board Member, Director of Legislative Affairs - 2019
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Legal Solutions: Exploring Employment Law with Attorney Justin McConnell – Virtual Interview - June 22, 2020
Early Learning Coalition of Orange County: Early Childhood Virtual Business Conference – June 20, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: FAQs and Need-to-Knows – Greater Orlando Society for Human Resource Management – April 2020
- Labor and Employment Law 2020: An Administrative and Legislative Review – Association of Corporate Counsel – March 2020
- Hot Topics in Employment Law – University of Central Florida – January 2020
- Supervisor Harassment, Discrimination, Bullying, & Retaliation Training – Auto Dealership in Central Florida – November 2019
- Age Discrimination Half-Day Mock Trial – Greater Orlando Society for Human Resource Management – October 2019
- Managing Mental Health in the Workplace – Central Florida Association of Legal Administrators – September 2019
- US Employment Laws and Regulations – SHRM Certification Presentation for Greater Orlando Society for Human Resource Management – May 2019
- 2019 Florida Legislative Update – Florida League of Cities – April 2019
- University of Florida College of LawJ.D., 2014
- University of Central FloridaB.S., summa cum laude, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida