Jay Hux is Of Counsel in the Chicago office. He represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law.
Jay represents clients in various federal and state courts and agencies in defense of employment-related lawsuits, including claims arising under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), and restrictive covenant actions.
Jay also advises clients and conducts training with regard to a wide array of federal and state employment issues and works with clients in negotiating and drafting various employment-related agreements.
Prior to attending law school, Jay worked as a marketing manager in a technology company. While in law school he clerked for the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in Washington D.C.
- Gomez v. Dynamic Manufacturing, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 90641 (N.D. Ill 2013)
- Davy, et al. v. Star Packaging Corp., et al., 517 Fed. Appx. 874 (11th Cir. 2013)
- Isome, et al. v. Gold Car Lending, Inc., et al., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 132626 (M.D. Ga. 2011)
- EEOC v. Comcast of Georgia, Inc., 650 F. Supp. 2d 1300 (N.D. Ga. 2008)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Illinois' Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2015-2016)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
"Today's Biggest Wage and Hour Compliance Risks: How to Clear Up Misconceptions and Misapplication of Federal Regulations," BLR webinar
FMLA Day-Long Master Class
Managing Legal Issues with the Changing Workforce
Navigating Changes to the FLSA Salary Exemption Rules
Preparing for a DOL Wage and Hour Investigation
- Emory University School of LawJ.D. 2006
- Emory University, Gouizeta School of BusinessM.B.A. 2006
- Boston CollegeB.A. 1997, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois