Heather Zalar Steele
Heather Steele is Of Counsel in the firm's Philadelphia office. Heather's practice includes defending employers against employment-related claims and advising clients on personnel management and statutory compliance issues.
Heather is routinely involved in defending employers in matters in which former employees have alleged race, national origin, age, disability, gender, and other discrimination claims as well as claims against employers for sexual harassment, breach of employment contract, defamation, and wrongful termination.
Additionally, Heather assists clients in conducting trainings and investigations, as well as drafting employment agreements and implementing employee handbooks and personnel policies and procedures.
Heather also works extensively on prosecuting and defending legal claims that arise when an employee leaves his/her employer to join a competitive firm. She has worked on numerous issues in this context, including covenants not to compete, non-solicitation covenants, non-disclosure agreements, fiduciary duty/duty of loyalty claims, tortious interference with contract, unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Her experience in employee defection and recruitment cases includes representation of clients in at least 25 states and numerous industries, including insurance, securities brokerage, medical temporary staffing, radio, retail, and asset appraisal.
Heather has represented clients both seeking and opposing applications for injunctive relief with concomitant claims for damages.
She also counsels clients regarding employee defection and recruitment issues, and has assisted corporate clients in developing policies to protect trade secrets and proprietary information.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Employment Privacy Blog3.24.16
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog3.2.16
- Employment Privacy Blog11.12.15
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog7.9.10
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog6.30.10
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog6.26.10
- Villanova University School of LawJ.D. 2003, magna cum laude
- Shippensburg UniversityB.S. 2000, magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania