Grace Horoupian is a partner in the Irvine office. Her practice is focused on representing employers in a variety of employment cases, including claims for civil rights violations, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) violations, unfair business practices, misappropriation of trade secrets, and class action disputes.
Grace represents employers in both state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). Grace also provides preventive counseling and frequently presents seminars and workshops on employment issues, including AB 1825 Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Training, to executives, supervisors, managers, and human resources professionals.
Grace serves as the Vice Chair and General Counsel of the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce, where she was honored as "Member Of The Year" in 2011. Grace is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Armenian Bar Association
- Vice Chair and General Counsel of the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the National Human Resources Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “How Important is “Knowing People” to the Success of What You Do?” - Professional Business Women’s Mastermind Group
- "Terminating Without Litigation"
- "Knock Knock What To Do When the Government Is At Your Door"
- "Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Training" - M.C. LLC dba Jiffy Lube
- "Harassment Training" - Pacific BMW
- "Top Ten Employment Practices Employers Should Adopt to Minimize Liability Exposure" - Executive Mass CEO Presentation
- "2011 Employment Law 101" - Fisher Phillips Seminar
- "Employers Can Discriminate!" - Fisher Phillips Seminar
- "Human Resources Situations: Let’s Play Jeopardy" - EAC Seminar
- "Harassment Training" - Orange County Fair Housing Council, Inc.
- "Employment Law Coast to Coast" - Fisher Phillips Seminar
- "Harassment Training" - Clarient, Inc. Mission
- "Harassment Training" - Bank of Internet USA
San Diego, California
- "Employment Law 101 for COOs"
Webinar , 2011
- "Tattoos, Piercings, and Scantily Clad Workers"
Webinar , 2011
- "Innovative Strategies for Your Human Resources Department" - EAC Seminar
- "Human Resources Situations: Let's Play Jeopardy" - EAC Seminar
- Iskanian Ruling Significantly Improves The Enforceability of Class-Action Waivers Under California Law9.12.12
- Service Dogs In The Restaurant: Justice Department's Rules on Service Animals Become Increasingly Strict5.18.11
- "2014 Legal Update" - Entertainment Human Resources Network
- "Iskanian Ruling Significantly Improves The Enforceability of Class-Action Waivers Under California Law" - Westlaw Journal
- Co Author: "Los Angeles Advertising Human Resources Professionals re Up To Date Cell Phone Policies"
- "Are Pharmaceutical Sales Reps Exempt As “Outside Salesmen”? Diagnosis Unclear" - Fisher Phillips Healthcare Update
- Take Local Laws into Consideration Before Deciding to Hire Minors - PMQ Magazine
- Managing The Modern Mobile Workforce - Los Angeles Advertising Human Resources Professionals Magazine
- "Parents of School Age Children May Be Entitled To State Mandated Leaves" - Entertainment Human Resources Network
- Sullivan v. Oracle - The Professionals In Human Resources Association Legal Update
- "The Dangers of Workplace Bullying" - Los Angeles Advertising Human Resources Professionals "LAAHR" Magazine –
- "Managing the Mobile Workforce" - HR Web Advisor
- "Minor Adjustments" - PMQ Pizza Magazine
- "Clear Ruling Still Pending for Violation of Meal and Rest Breaks: How Should Employers Respond Now?" - Los Angeles Advertising Human Resources Professionals "LAAHR" Magazine
- "Beware of Influential Discrimination" - Los Angeles Advertising Human Resources Professionals "LAAHR" Magazine
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 1995
- University of California, NorthridgeB.A. 1992, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California