Gregory D. Ballew
Greg Ballew is a partner in the Kansas City office. Greg has successfully defended employers in state and federal court litigation throughout the United States and in over 80 labor arbitration proceedings, including cases in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
Greg also assists employers who have received charges of discrimination from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and similar state agencies and counsels employers regarding discipline/termination issues and compliance with employment laws, including wage and hour laws.
Since 1999, Greg has served as a contributing editor for the American Bar Association (ABA) legal treatise The Developing Labor Law. Greg is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Complete defense verdict after a two week trial - sex discrimination.
- Summary Judgment in Jackson County, Missouri Circuit Court - wrongful discharge.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars - (2008-2009)
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers - (2015-2016)
- Contributing Editor, The Developing Labor Law (ABA/BNA Books) (1999-present)
- Contributing Editor, The Fair Labor Standards Act (ABA/BNA Books) (1999)
- Centurions, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Associated Builders and Contractors
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Government Relations Blog11.13.14
- University of Kansas School of LawJ.D. 1995
- University of KansasB.A. 1992, With Highest Distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Kansas Supreme Court
- Kansas Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Missouri
- Missouri Court of Appeals