George D. Adams
George Adams is a partner in the Louisville office, where his practice is exclusively devoted to advising, assisting and representing employers with labor and employment law challenges.
George has helped employers defend against union organizing campaigns, unfair labor practice charges and grievances. He defends employers in state and federal courts against lawsuits alleging sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour violations and violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other employment laws.
George represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and other administrative agencies, as well as in labor negotiations and grievance arbitration. More importantly, George helps his clients avoid such crises through day-to-day counseling, management training and assistance developing, and enforcing employee handbooks and personnel policies.
George represents a wide variety of clients, large and small, in numerous states. These include manufacturers, financial institutions, health care providers and non-profit entities.
George is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, has repeatedly been listed as a Kentucky Super Lawyer and was selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers of America since 2013.
He was recognized as a Litigation – Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Kentucky Bar Association
- Member, Louisville Bar Association
- Founding Board member, Southern Indiana Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Chapter Editor, The Developing Labor Law
- Army National Guard & Military Police, Including Service in Operation Desert Storm (1987-1992)
- Fisher Phillips Opens Louisville Office: Five Attorneys Join Firm; One to Lead Automotive Manufacturing Practice Group1.21.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Rightfully Discharging When You Must: How to Handle Tricky Termination Issues" - 28th Annual Kentucky SHRM Conference
- "2011 Kentucky Employment Law Update" - 29th Annual Carl A. Warns, Jr., Labor and Employment Law Institute
- "2012 Employment Law Seminar" - IntegrityHR
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of LawJ.D. 2000, cum laude
- University of LouisvilleB.S. 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Kentucky Supreme Court