Edward F. Harold
Ed Harold is a member of the firm’s SBA Loan Team, dedicated to advising employers on the inner workings of the complex CARES Act loan process during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Ed Harold is the regional managing partner in the New Orleans office and chair of the firm's Retail Industry Practice Group. His practice is primarily devoted to employment litigation in both state and federal courts in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama and counseling employers to avoid litigation.
Throughout his career, he has spent significant time and attention assisting employers in managing employee attendance and leave issues.
As a result of this work, in 1999, Ed testified before the Subcommittee on Children and Families of the Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee of the United States Senate about the problems employers face in administering Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (2011 - 2021)
- Listed as a Top Lawyer in New Orleans Magazine in 2020
- "AV" peer-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2009
- Louisiana Super Lawyers since 2014
- Chancellor and Sunday School Teacher, St. Martin’s Episcopal Church
- Member, Board of Trustees The University of the South
Previous Community Activities:
- Board of Trustees New Orleans City Park
- Board of Trustees New Orleans Museum of Art
- Board of Trustees St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- President of the Father’s Club St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- Vice – President Father’s Club St. Paul’s School
- More Than A Quarter of the Firm’s Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition8.20.20
- What Employers Need to Know When Seeking Loans Through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act4.2.20
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best in the U.S. for Labor & Employment Law4.25.19
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.3.18
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State1.9.18
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best for Labor & Employment Law5.30.17
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State1.4.16
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State12.29.14
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Fisher Phillips Seminar5.19.17
- One Day, Many Solutions New Orleans5.13.16
- Louisiana State University Law CenterJ.D. 1992
- The University of the South1989 B.A.
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama