Darin Mackender is a partner in the firm's Denver office. He litigates employment cases throughout Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region.
Darin has extensive experience representing employers before state and federal agencies and courts in matters ranging from single-plaintiff discrimination cases to multi-plaintiff wage and hour cases. He also is an experienced appellate attorney, having briefed and argued numerous cases before state and federal courts of appeals. Darin counsels his clients on compliance with the law in such areas as discrimination, class and collective action, wage and hour law, and data security.
He has efficiently and successfully handled significant Class and Collective Action lawsuits.
In addition to his litigation practice, Darin advises employers, large and small, regarding compliance with the maze of rules and regulations governing the workplace, assists employers with day-to-day personnel decisions, and drafts employment policies and contracts.
Darin is a frequent speaker at labor and employment law seminars for human resources professionals, business owners, and attorneys, and has been a contributing author to the Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Employment Law since 2008. He has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America since 2013 and has received repeated recognition in Colorado Super Lawyers for his labor and employment practice. He is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America since 2013
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America - Lawyer of the Year, Employment Law - Management (2020)
- Listed in Colorado Super Lawyers
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor Forum, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Nebraska State Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Two Prominent Denver Attorneys Join National Labor & Employment Law Firm1.18.08
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Denver’s Labor and Employment Law Update5.2.17
- Partnered with the Colorado Technology Association2.23.17
- ACC-CO Quarterly-CLE and Happy Hour9.15.16
- Breakfast Briefing2.19.15
- EEOC's Evolving Enforcement Agenda: Who's in the Hot Seat, Why the Agency is Going After Them, and What to Expect in 201512.18.14
- What You Need to Know to Excel as a New Lawyer and Great Legal Writing (beyond what you learn in law school)11.1.14
- "Department of Labor Continues Its Focus On Construction Industry"
Colorado Real Estate Journal
- University of Nebraska College of LawJ.D. 1993, with High Distinction
- Nebraska Wesleyan UniversityB.A. 1988, with Distinction
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Nebraska Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska