Daniel E. Farrington
Dan Farrington is co-managing partner of the firm’s Washington D.C. Metro offices. Dan has been advising and counseling employers for more than twenty years in all aspects of the increasingly complex myriad of federal, state and local laws governing the employer-employee relationship. Dan has extensive experience with claims involving discrimination, wage and hour law violations, accommodations for disabled employees, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and non-competition agreements.
Dan is a seasoned employment litigator who has represented his clients in lawsuits in federal and state trial and appellate courts all across the country. Dan has been recognized by Chambers USA as one of the leading employment lawyers in Maryland, was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Litigation – Labor and Employment, and has been identified by the Washington Business Journal of one of Washington’s top attorneys. Dan is also a recipient of the Sodexo Law Department’s “Spirit of Partnership” award.
Before joining Fisher Phillips, Dan practiced with a Chambers USA-recognized employment law boutique he founded. Dan also practiced in O’Melveny & Myers LLP’s Washington, D.C. office and served as in-house employment counsel to the United States Senate. Immediately after law school, Dan served as a law clerk to the Honorable J. Frederick Motz, then Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Kennedy v. Am. Airlines Inc., 195 F. Supp. 3d 646 (D.N.J. 2016)
- Barrett v. Am. Airlines, Inc., 711 F. App'x 761 (5th Cir. 2017)
- Martinez v. Am. Airlines, Inc., 715 F. App'x 568, 569 (7th Cir. 2018)
- Pittman v. Am. Airlines, Inc., 692 F. App'x 549 (10th Cir. 2017)
- Rederford v. U.S. Airways, Inc., 589 F.3d 30, 32 (1st Cir. 2009)
- Stevens v. Sodexo, Inc., 846 F. Supp. 2d 119, 122 (D.D.C. 2012)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Maryland since 2017
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Litigation – Labor and Employment since 2018
- Maryland Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor, 2019
- Recognized by the Washington Business Journal as one of Washington’s top attorneys
- Recipient, Sodexo Law Department’s “Spirit of Partnership” award
Dan serves on the board of JDRF’s (formerly the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Capital Chapter.
- Firm Also Ranked Among the Best in the U.S. for Labor & Employment Law4.25.19
- Farrington Law Firm Attorneys Join the National Labor & Employment Law Firm1.7.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Employment Law Pitfalls, presented to CPAmerica International conference.
- Georgetown UniversityJ.D. cum laude, 1998
- University of FloridaB.A., 1994
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court