Dennis C. Cuneo
Dennis Cuneo is a partner in the Washington, D.C. and New Orleans offices. He has extensive corporate, government and labor relations experience.
Prior to joining the firm, Dennis was the senior vice president of Toyota Motor North America, Inc. where his responsibilities included oversight of legal, government affairs, public affairs, industry relations, administration, human resources, and strategic planning and research.
He was a member of the management team that started New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. (NUMMI) – Toyota's first assembly plant in North America. He also helped establish Toyota's North American manufacturing headquarters.
While at NUMMI, he presented several case studies on cooperative labor relations, including a conference sponsored by the International Labor Organization in Turin, Italy, and conferences sponsored by MIT's International Motor Vehicle Program in Beijing and Berlin.
Dennis chaired the California Worksite Research Committee, a joint undertaking of the State of California, UCLA, the California Manufacturers Association and organized labor, which studied high and low performance workplaces and made policy recommendations to the California Legislature.
As a member of the Board of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), Dennis chaired NAM's Human Resources Policy Group, which shaped NAM's legislative and regulatory strategies on issues such as labor relations, employment, OSHA, healthcare and employee benefits.
Dennis was named one of the "Top Ten People Who Made a Difference in the South" by Southern Business & Development Magazine.
Honors & Leadership
- Held gubernatorial appointments in California, Kentucky and Mississippi
- Served as Board Chair of the Cincinnati Branch of the Federal Reserve
- In 2008, he was appointed to the 22 member National Advisory Commission on Workplace Flexibility, a bipartisan initiative sponsored by the Sloan Foundation, which developed consensus-based public policy recommendations for workplace flexibility.
- Serves on the boards of two publicly traded corporations and three universities
- Senior advisor to three Silicon Valley venture backed firms
- Senior advisor to the U.S.-China Chamber of Commerce and has helped organize three conferences on inbound Chinese investment
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future9.11.18