Cynthia Yarbrough is an Immigration associate in the Atlanta office and a member of the firm’s Immigration Practice Group. Her practice focuses on business immigration, representing domestic and multinational employers before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) and the U.S. Department of State. She has extensive experience representing and advising employers in all areas of business immigration, including temporary employment visas, labor certifications, permanent residency, and outbound visas.
Cynthia regularly works with employers to plan and execute strategies for permanent and temporary employment transfers on an international and national level. In her practice, Cynthia works with human resources managers and executive decision makers beginning with case strategy through execution. She also advises on the administration of corporate immigration registration, temporary assignments and permanent transfers, both domestically and abroad.
Cynthia possesses comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in a broad range of immigration areas, including advising clients on current immigration legislation, handling nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applications, outbound visas, and advising employers on I-9 compliance.
Cynthia is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the ABA-affiliated association for attorneys practicing immigration law.
Honors & Leadership
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Immigration Law Section
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- What Employers Need to Know About the New Form I-93.17.17
- One Day, Many Solutions Atlanta3.22.16
- "Employment Law: Beyond the Basics"
Sterling Education Services
- "E-Verify: Verifying Employment Eligibility and Responsibilities for Employers"
Georgia Utility Association
- "Hiring Employees You Won’t Want to Fire"
Health Care Association of Forsyth County
- Cross Border Employer Blog6.30.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog5.18.15
- Cross Border Employer Blog2.24.15