Curtis G. Moore
Curt Moore is a member of the firm’s SBA Loan Team, dedicated to advising employers on the inner workings of the complex CARES Act loan process during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Curt Moore demonstrated real ingenuity when a client needed an attorney in south Georgia at the last minute to assist with an emergency OSHA inspection. Curt dropped everything and flew down from Columbus, Ohio, arriving at the Tallahassee, Florida, airport around midnight. The client was located about 90 minutes away, and there were no rental cars available that evening at the airport. Other car rental locations would not open until approximately 8:30 a.m. – too late to make the client’s 8:30 a.m. OSHA inspection. Undaunted, Curt considered alternative options. His quick thinking and ingenuity resulted in him renting a U-Haul cargo van from a local vendor who opened at 7:00 a.m. Curt drove the cargo van to the client’s facility and arrived on time for the 8:30 a.m. inspection. That’s the kind of dedication, tenacity, and resourcefulness you’ll get when Curt is your lawyer.
Curt is based in the firm’s Columbus office, but as you already know, will travel anywhere to help his clients—whether it’s for an OSHA or MSHA inspection, employment litigation case, traditional labor dispute, collective-bargaining session, or workers’ compensation matter. He represents employers before the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission (OSHRC), federal and state courts, and other administrative agencies, in Ohio and wherever else his clients’ needs take him.
Immediately prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Curt was an associate at a respected, historic litigation firm in Dayton, Ohio where he practiced primarily in the areas of employment litigation, corporate litigation, professional and medical malpractice defense, and criminal defense—including white collar criminal defense.
He graduated summa cum laude from the University of Dayton School of Law, where he was the Business Editor of the University of Dayton Law Review, and a member of the Mediation Competition Team. During law school, Curt was a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Thomas M. Rose and the Honorable Magistrate Judge Michael J. Newman, both presiding in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Steven. K. Dankof of the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas in Dayton, Ohio. He also worked as a law clerk for a Fortune 100 manufacturing company, where he worked on a variety of complex traditional labor issues including strike contingency preparation and union avoidance techniques.
- Represented client in defense of retiree and union suit against client for alleged unpaid welfare benefits under ERISA. Discovery and extensive motions practice ultimately led to a favorable settlement for the client and established a precedent with the opposing union.
- Defended international manufacturer and a construction contractor against OSHA citations which resulted from workplace fatalities.
- Defended multiple employers against OSHA citations resulting from workplace amputations and incidents involving overnight in-patient hospitalizations.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars , 2019
- Vice President and Secretary, House Corporation Board of Directors for Delta Tau Delta Fraternity, Beta Beta Chapter
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Distracted-Driving Policies Will Help Employers Prevent Injuries and Minimize Potential Legal Liability, Columbus Attorney Says10.7.19
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog3.1.19
- What a Partial Government Shutdown Would Mean for Workplace Safety Enforcement: Is OSHA in “The Final Countdown”?Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog12.21.18
- Supreme Court To Have Final Say In Upcoming Term5.31.17
- University of Dayton School of LawJ.D. 2013, summa cum laude
- DePauw UniversityB.A. 2010
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio