Charles S. Caulkins
Charles Caulkins is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office and a member of the firm's Management Committee. Since 1977, he has represented employers nationally in labor and employment law matters.
He advises employers on the development and implementation of preventive labor relations programs, including management education and training, to avoid charges and lawsuits, protect trade secrets, and resolve disputes.
He regularly counsels employers on union-related matters. He also handles employment-related litigation and arbitrations before state and federal courts and administrative agencies involving claims of discrimination, wrongful discharge, breach of contract, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other statutory claims.
Charles is a founding member and past President of the Academy of Florida Management Attorneys and was the 2006 Chairman of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce.
He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Since 2007, Charles has been included in Florida Super Lawyers for his work in labor and employment law.
He has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006 and in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2003. He was recognized as an Employment Law – Management Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for 2017.
Charles has been named one of "The Nation's 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys" by Human Resources Executive Magazine every year since 2010.
He was honored with the 2011 Chair's Award by the Florida Chamber of Commerce for his outstanding leadership as a member of the Chamber's Board of Directors.
Charles was also included in the 2012 edition of South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers, presented by Legal Leaders.
Charles was recognized in the 2014 edition of the South Florida Legal Guide as one of the “Top Lawyers” in South Florida. He was also honored by Neighbors 4 Neighbors for his volunteerism within the South Florida region.
Honors & Leadership
- Chair of the Broward Workshop, a non-profit, non-partisan business organization comprised of the chief decision makers representing 100 of Broward County's businesses and professions
- Member Board of Directors, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Three Fisher Phillips Partners Named to "Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys" in the United States6.16.16
- Fisher Phillips Re-Elects Roger Quillen as Firm Chairman and Charles Caulkins to Another Term on the Management CommitteeElections Follow Successful Firm Rebranding6.8.16
- Managing Partner Roger Quillen and Partner Charles Caulkins Named to ‘Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys'Human Resource Executive Magazine Selects Attorneys for Exclusive Group6.29.15
- Roger Quillen & Charles Caulkins Selected to Exclusive Group By Human Resource Executive Magazine6.17.13
- Fort Lauderdale Managing Partner to Serve Three More Years6.5.13
- Fisher Phillips Named Top South Florida Law Firm, Five Firm Attorneys Named in 2013 Edition of South Florida Legal Guide1.11.13
- Fisher Phillips Managing Partner Roger Quillen and Partner Charles Caulkins Named to ‘Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys'Human Resource Executive Magazine Selects Attorneys for Exclusive Group6.16.12
- Charles Caulkins, Managing Partner of Fisher Phillips In Fort Lauderdale, Receives the 2011 Chair's Award from the Florida Chamber of Commerce10.19.11
- Two Fisher Phillips Attorneys Named to "Top 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys" in the United StatesRoger Quillen and Charles Caulkins Receive Honors from Human Resource Executive Magazine6.20.11
- Partners at Fisher Phillips Re-Elect Roger Quillen as Chairman and Charles Caulkins as a Member of the Firm's Management Committee6.8.10
- Six Firm Attorneys Named in 10th Edition of South Florida Legal Guide9.23.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "The Election’s Impact on the National Labor Relations Board and Unions” – InsideCounsel SuperConference – Chicago, IL
- "Labor Law Update: Are You Current With All the Changes?" - Building Service Contractors Association International CEO Seminar - Aruba
- Creighton University School of LawJ.D. 1976
- New York University School of LawLL.M. 1977
- Monmouth CollegeB.A. 1971
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit