Boris Sorsher, a partner in Fisher Phillips’ Irvine office, has extensive California wage hour class action experience including nearly a decade of experience in the litigation of wage and hour class action cases. The bulk of his practice involves the defense of class and representative claims. He has handled close to 100 class and representative wage and hour actions.
Mr. Sorsher has successfully resolved dozens of class and PAGA (representative) cases either through outright dismissals or through settlements of less than $50,000. Further, he has secured the dismissal of class claims in numerous cases through contested motions.
In recognition for his achievements, Mr. Sorsher has been included in Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, which is a list ranking the top 2.5 percent of California Attorneys, for five consecutive years.
Mr. Sorsher earned his B.A. in 2004 from the University of California, Berkeley with honors and was a member of the Dean’s list. He earned his J.D. in 2007 from Loyola Law School where he was also a member of the Dean’s list.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, since 2013
- Five Fisher Phillips Attorneys Listed in 2014 Southern California "Rising Stars" Honors Come as Los Angeles Office Expands6.10.14
- Attorneys From the Firm’s Los Angeles and Irvine Offices Named to Under 40 List6.14.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Irvine Breakfast Briefing1.31.18
- Fisher Phillips & ADP Breakfast Briefing2.15.17
- Preventing & Preparing for Class Actions in 3 Areas: Wage & Hour, Background Checks, and Data SecurityIrvine Breakfast Briefing11.10.16
- Irvine Breakfast Briefing9.8.16
- Fisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing - Irvine7.7.16
- Barbarians at the Gate: What Every California Business Owner and Executive Should Know About Joint Employer Liability and Asset Protection10.1.15
- Breakfast Briefing2.6.15
- Breakfast Briefing12.4.14
- What's the Real Risk? Practical Advice for Meal and Rest Break and Employee Pay Structure Issues and Real Case Examples of the Potential LiabilityIrvine Breakfast Briefing10.2.14
- Irvine Breakfast Briefing8.7.14
- California Employers Blog9.7.16
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2007
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A. 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California