Bruce Anderson works with his clients to solve some of their most demanding labor and employment problems. These problems may arise during the start-up of a company, during the course of a company’s day to day operations, during a government agency audit or during a litigation related event.
Bruce began his career in 1976 by obtaining trial experience in the Adams County District Attorney’s office. Since moving into private practice in 1980, he has represented hundreds of clients in a wide variety of civil matters with an emphasis on employment litigation.
Bruce’s clients include individuals, corporations of all sizes from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, franchisors and franchisees in the food service industry, car dealerships, hospitals, medical clinics and practices, manufacturers, not for profit corporations, public school districts, private schools and government entities.
Bruce has extensive litigation experience in state and federal court bench and jury trials, arbitrations, alternative dispute resolution proceedings and in matters before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission(EEOC) and state fair employment agencies.
- Represented national client in the security services industry subject to a collective bargaining agreement with litigious union employees, obtaining favorable decisions for the company in numerous arbitrations of union grievances.
- Represented Colorado hospital, handling a variety of employment matters, including enforcing and negotiating a collective bargaining agreement.
- Represented local newspaper publisher, obtaining a judgment notwithstanding the verdict in an ADEA lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and obtaining a 10th Circuit decision upholding the judgment.
- Represented McDonald’s franchisee, obtaining a summary judgment ruling in a case involving a multi-million dollar demand.
- Represented both public school districts and private schools, handling a wide variety of employment and school law matters.
- Obtaining favorable resolutions in legal actions involving the enforcement of covenants not to compete, confidentality agreements and copyright and trademark violations.
Honors & Leadership
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Labor and Employment Sections
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association, Legal Fee Arbitration Committee
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado