Andrew J. Hoag
Andrew J. Hoag is an associate in the Los Angeles office. His practice includes representing employers in various aspects of labor and employment law, including defense of class actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced at a general civil litigation firm in California’s Central Valley where his practice focused on construction and business litigation.
While in law school, he externed for the Honorable Dean D. Pregerson of the United States District Court, Central District of California, and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California.
Prior to attending law school, Andrew worked as a committee consultant and legislative director in the California Legislature. Andrew was an All-American collegiate debater.
Honors & Leadership
- Associate Editor, The Affiliate, Young Lawyers Division, American Bar Association
- Vice Chair, California Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Executive Committee Member, Labor and Employment Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Breakfast Briefing11.6.14
- Co-presenter “Discrimination, Retaliation & Harassment: You Don’t Want It!” - 39th Annual Agricultural Labor Relations Forum, Orlando, Florida
- Co-presenter “California’s Unique and Complex State Employment Law Requirements: Avoiding Employment Law Surprises,” Multistate Employers in California Summit: Employment Law Essentials for HR - BLR Webinar
- Author, “Workplace Texting Creating a Growing List of Implications,” Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Author, “Classifying Workers as Interns in Light of Glatt v. Fox Searchlight,” American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Labor and Employment Law Committee Newsletter, Fall 2013, Vol. 1 No. 1.
- Author, “Acquiring a Personal Legal Antilibrary,” Federal Bar Association YLD Perspectives
- Co-Author, “Scandal Highlights Need to Review Sexual Harassment Policies,” Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Co-Author, “Employers Should Prepare for Impact of Marriage Rulings,” Los Angeles Daily Journal
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Los Angeles
- University of Southern CaliforniaM.P.A. 2008
- Pepperdine UniversityB.A. 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims