Andrew Froman is a partner in the firm's Tampa office. Andrew has practiced employment law for 25 years, on behalf of management, throughout Florida.
Much of his time is devoted to counseling employers on how to avoid workplace crises, comply with all applicable laws and prevent litigation. He advises clients on matters associated with employment, including employee handbooks and policies, employment contracts, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), ethics and confidentiality agreements, non-competition agreements, severance agreements and other federal and state laws and regulations affecting employment.
Andrew also represents a number of financial services clients in Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration matters, and private arbitration disputes involving trade secret and restrictive covenant disputes.
When necessary, he has successfully defended clients sued for alleged discrimination, failure to pay overtime wages, breach of contract, negligence and other claims. He has tried cases on behalf of employers in both federal and state courts, in bankruptcy court, before juries and judges, as well as in arbitration and administrative law courts.
Andrew regularly speaks to business and professional associations, industry groups and individual employers and has served as a board member and vice president of the Women’s Resource Center of Sarasota, Florida, as president and board member of the Family Law Connection of Sarasota County, and as a Board Member and Human Resources Committee Chair for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota County. Andrew presently serves as a Master Member of the Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court chapter in Sarasota.
- William M. Shaw v. Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, 353 F.3d 1276 (11th Cir. 2003)
- Lucas v. Unemployment Appeals Commission and General Telephone Co. of Florida, 664 So.2d 1043 (Fla. 2nd DCA 1995)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in 2020.
- Member, John E. Shebb Chapter of American Inns of Court, Sarasota, Florida
- Founding Member & Past Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section of the Sarasota County Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment and Administrative Law Sections of the Florida Bar
- Board President of the non-profit Family Law Connection in Sarasota, Florida
- Board Member and Human Resources Committee Chair for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota County, Florida
- Former Board Member of the Woman's Resource Center of Sarasota County, Florida
- Former Member of School Advisory Council, Ashton Elementary School, Sarasota County, Florida
- Labor and Employment Attorneys Represent Offices Across U.S.1.2.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- One Day, Many Solutions Tampa4.21.16
- “Dealing With Difficult Judges, Lawyers, and Clients”
The Bencher – The Magazine of The American Inns of Court
- Employment Privacy Blog8.1.19
- Gig Employer Blog3.6.19
- Employment Privacy Blog2.21.19
- Are You Carefully Vetting Your Third Party Vendors? If Not, You May Be Buying Yourself a Breach of Privacy ClaimEmployment Privacy Blog9.10.18
- Security Breached – Tips for Mitigating and Protecting Private Information from Inside and Outside ThreatsEmployment Privacy Blog3.26.18
- Employment Privacy Blog10.19.17
- Employment Privacy Blog5.5.17
- Gig Employer Blog2.7.17
- Gig Employer Blog10.7.16
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog1.21.16
- University of Miami School of LawJ.D. 1994
- University of FloridaB.S. 1978
- Florida District Courts of Appeal
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court