Andrew C. Crane
Andrew Crane has spent his entire career focused solely on representing the interests of employers, including before state and federal courts, and state and federal agencies such as the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Department of Labor, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
Andrew has significant experience defending and counseling employers of all sizes on issues of California and federal employment law, such as wage and hour, employee classification, and federal and state harassment, discrimination, and retaliation matters. Andrew frequently advises employers on issues they face on a day-to-day basis, such as employee discipline and terminations, harassment and discrimination issues, and state and federal wage and hour laws.
He also guides employers through complicated privacy and security matters, including pursuing employees who exit with confidential information and employer trade secrets to safeguard his clients’ most valuable information.
In addition to employment matters, Andrew also represents and advises companies regarding compliance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar California statutes, such as the Unruh Act and California Disabled Persons Act, including compliance with website accessibility standards. Andrew has experience representing companies at both the trial and appellate level on Title III issues, including before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Third Time Could Be The Charm For Consumer Privacy Legislation In Washington – The Continued Saga Of The Washington Privacy ActEmployment Privacy Blog11.30.20
- Employment Privacy Blog3.17.20
- Privacy Legislation Continues on the West Coast: How Does the Washington Privacy Act Compare to the California Consumer Protection Act?Employment Privacy Blog3.5.20
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Los AngelesJ.D. 2012
- Boston CollegeB.A. 2006 cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California