April 28, 2019 is World Day for Safety and Health at Work. Fisher Phillips proudly celebrates the safety of all workers with our clients. Here’s a short video - Fisher Phillips Safety - regarding our shared commitment to employee safety.
As we pause to reflect this week on worker safety, keep in mind these simple tips to improve your safety and health program.
- Fully train all employees prior to starting work. Conduct refresher training every 90-120 days. Document your training and seek suggestions for improvements from employees.
- Provide proper clothing and personal protective equipment for each and every job duty, including tasks that are temporary.
- Investigate and take corrective actions after every accident and near-miss in order to prevent future incidents.
- Develop a safety committee that meets at least monthly in order to allow employees to voice their concerns regarding safety, including ideas for improvements, and discussing past accidents and near-misses.
- Conduct audits, including random inspections, to ensure that work rules, such as lock-out tag-out, are being followed, and proper personal protective equipment, such as fall protection, gloves, and hard hats, is being used.
- Maintain proper housekeeping at your facility, including inspecting all walking and working surfaces for slip and fall hazards.
- Properly label all hazardous chemicals, and train employees when their job requires them to handle or work near them.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact your Fisher Phillips attorney or any member of the FP Safety Solutions team.