Six Tips to Keep the HR Grim Reaper Out of Your Office this Halloween
Does the thought of Halloween in the workplace give you the creeps? It’s true that many HR managers have nightmares about an employee showing up in a naughty nurse’s costume or in a get-up that suggests they are a terrorist, but Halloween doesn’t have to be so frightening as long as some guidelines are set well in advance.
In fact, many employers have started to recognize the value in a workplace celebration of Halloween — i.e., using the holiday as an opportunity for team building, stress reduction and cultivation of creativity. (Did someone say inter-departmental pumpkin decorating contest?)
In the article, Jeff provided some tips for employers in anticipation of office-wide Halloween celebrations:
- Set clear parameters.
- Educate employees about the consequences of their actions.
- Review policies and procedures.
- Ensure that desk and other office decorations don’t violate fire or safety codes.
- If your office will be hosting a Halloween party, consider prohibiting alcohol from the event.
- Understand your role as the scary ghoul.
To read the full article, please visit Orlando Business Journal.