Who, What, When, Why And How Of Background Checking Policies - New York/New Jersey
Creating a Background Checking Policy that Fits and Meets Regulatory Requirements
You want to screen job candidates to find the best employees and to protect your company, employees, and customers. But with the EEOC and some states taking the position that criminal record and credit checks may have a discriminatory impact on certain minorities, it is time to revisit your background checking policy – or perhaps time to create one.
You are invited to attend an executive networking event, where attorneys from labor and employment law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP will walk through the Who, What, When, Why, and How of background checking policies.
Topics covered will include:
- Why background checking policies are important
- How to help ensure your hiring and screening practices are appropriate and consistent with federal and state requirements
- Blanket hiring policies that could put you at risk
- Background checking best practices
Dates and Times:
- Thursday, November 7 – 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
9 East 18th St.
New York, NY
- Friday, November 8 – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
3815 US Rt. 1 at Mapleton Rd.
This seminar is free but space is limited. Please RSVP by Nov 4 to reserve your seat.