The Government is Knocking: DOL Audits of Health & Welfare Plans
Lorie Maring will host a webinar for the United Benefit Advisors (UBA) on October 11, 2016. Her topic will be "The Government is Knocking: DOL Audits of Health & Welfare Plans."
The Department of Labor (DOL) continues to audit health and welfare benefit plans of all sizes in record numbers. Being prepared for an audit is critical to an employer's success during the audit process.
This webinar will:
- Discuss what triggers a DOL audit
- Provide general first steps for employers to consider if they receive an audit letter from the DOL
- Discuss what the DOL is looking for during an audit, for both fully insured and self-funded plans
- Discuss issues the DOL is looking for under the ACA, HIPAA, GINA, mental health parity, the Newborns' and Mothers' Health Protection Act, and the Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act
- Provide information on the general timeline of a DOL audit
- Provide tips to prepare for an audit of a health and welfare plan
This 60-minute basic webinar will help employers understand what the DOL is looking for during the audit process and how to be prepared.