Solving the Mystery of Worker Classification (1099 IC or W-2 EE)
On May 23, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. EST, Attorney Sidney O. Minter will be presenting a 30-minute webinar addressing one of the top employment concerns in the contract staffing arena: how do you correctly classify workers? The following topics will be discussed during the webinar:
- Why classifying a worker as an independent contractor is attractive to employers and individuals.
- The downside of misclassifying workers as independent contractors
- What events are likely to trigger worker classification audits
- A discussion of why recruiting firms should have an interest in proper classification of workers and their enforcement capabilities
- The factors courts and agencies consider when determining a worker’s classification status