Meet Your Speakers
To learn more about the speakers, simply click on their name.
Thursday, March 7, 2019
8:45 to 9:30 am
Pay Equity: Compliance Challenges, Business Risks, and Legal Ramifications
9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Making #MeToo #NotHere
- Jennifer Sandberg (Atlanta)
- Terri Stewart (Atlanta)
- Charlotte A. Burrows (Commissioner, United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission)
10:45 to 11:45 a.m.
Keynote Address: Best Workplace Practices for The Fifth Trimester and Beyond: How to Attract and Retain Working Parents
- Lauren Smith Brody, Author of “The Fifth Trimester: The Working Mom's Guide to Style, Sanity, and Big Success After Baby”
12:45 to 1:30 p.m.
Arbitration and Class Action Waivers: The Panacea Some Say They Are?
- Hagood Tighe (Columbia)
- Ryan Mulally (Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Domino’s Pizza LLC)
1:30 to 2:15 p.m.
Contractors, Joint Employers, and Everything In Between
2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Am I Looking at this Right? Evaluating California Class Actions and PAGA Actions From All Perspectives
- Todd Scherwin (Los Angeles),
- Suzy Lee (Los Angeles)
- Natalie Roberts (Director, Global Employment Counsel, Fossil Group, Inc.)
ISO 45001: The New Gold Standard of Workplace Safety
- Edwin G. Foulke Jr. (Atlanta)
- Steve Davis (Global Risk Management)
3:40 to 4:40 p.m.
Modern Methods of Addressing Medical and Recreational Marijuana in a Rapidly Changing Landscape
- Danielle Moore (San Diego)
- Lesley Marlin (Senior Counsel, Labor and Employment, Northrop Grumman)
- Shane Spradlin (Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Penske Automotive Group)
Federal Briefing: Immigration Compliance in the Extreme Vetting Era
- Jessica Cook (Atlanta),
- Shanon Stevenson (Atlanta),
- James McHenry (Director, Executive Office for Immigration Review, U.S. DOJ)
- Brad Lanza (IMAGE Coordinator, ICE/Homeland Security Investigations)
Friday, March 8, 2019
8:30 to 9:15 am
Strategic Workplace Law Issues Implicated Through Acquisitions
- Michael Marra (New York City)
9:15 to 10:15 am
Keynote Address: Lessons in Leadership: Leading through Adversity and Change
10:30 to 11:30 am
Acquiring a Unionized Entity: the Practical, Legal and Business Considerations
- Steve Bernstein (Tampa)
Before, During, and After: What Are Your Responsibilities When an Employee Transitions Gender?
- Sarah Moore (Cleveland)
- Melanie L. Webber (Cleveland)
- Tristan Higgins (Director, Law Department, Sony Electronics; Diversity & Inclusion Speaker)
- AC Dumlao, (Program Manager, Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, Inc.)
11:30 to 12:45 pm
LUNCH TIME TALK with EEOC’s Victoria Lipnic
1:00 to 2:00 pm
Defensible ESI Collection and Ethics for In-House and Outside Counsel
2:05 to 2:50 pm
The Future of Data Security for Employers
State-Level Advocacy in the Trump Era: Crucial To Employment Growth