Zack Domb is a partner in the Los Angeles office. He is an aggressive litigator who represents employers in various aspects of labor and employment law, including single-plaintiff and class action employment matters involving wrongful termination, wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims.
He regularly counsels employers and assists them in establishing policies and practices in order to manage risk and avoid litigation.
Furthermore, Zack is an experienced trial attorney and has successfully represented his clients through all aspects of litigation, including jury trials, bench trials, arbitration, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB), and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
He has been selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2013. In addition, Zack was a recipient of Pasadena Magazine’s Top Attorneys Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016. He was also been named as one of the Top 100 Up and Coming Lawyers in Southern California by Super Lawyers in 2015 and 2016.
During law school, Zack served as an extern to the Honorable Edward Rafeedie of the United States District Court, Central District of California. He also served as a Certified Law Clerk at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office in Compton where he gained invaluable trial experience and performed adjudications of minors charged with misdemeanors and felonies. Moreover, Zack served as an Articles Editor for the Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a large, national retail chain against a plaintiff alleging ten causes of action, including sexual orientation discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination in violation of public policy for making complaints that wages were improperly withheld.
- Represented a bank in a wrongful termination lawsuit brought by a former bank vice-president. Obtained a dismissal with prejudice for the entire action in Los Angeles Superior Court in exchange for a waiver of costs and fees.
- Obtained full defense verdict in a jury trial against a plaintiff suing for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties. On a cross-claim, obtained a jury verdict of $285,225 against plaintiff/cross-defendant for breach of contract.
- Representation of clients before governmental agencies including, but not limited to, California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), California Employment Development Department (EDD) and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Listed as one of the "Up and Coming Top 100 Southern California Rising Stars" by Los Angeles Magazine - (2015-2016)
- Listed as a Southern California Super Lawyer - Rising Star (2013 - 2016)
- Named one of the "Top Attorneys" by Pasadena Magazine – (2012-2014 & 2016)
Zack is actively involved in community service. Zack volunteered at the Bet Tzedek Holocaust Survivors Justice Network, where he assisted Holocaust survivors in obtaining pension benefits from the German government. Zack is also very involved with Gift of Life, an organization that facilitates bone marrow and blood stem cell transplants for children and adults suffering from life-threatening illnesses, including leukemia, lymphoma, other cancers and genetic diseases. Zack has donated on two occasions.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D.
- University of California, Santa BarbaraB.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California