Walter J. Kruger III
Walter Kruger, a partner in the firms Atlanta office, is an Attorney, Registered Mediator, and Arbitrator. He has registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution and is available to assist as a neutral in alternative dispute resolution. He has extensive experience in labor and employment law, including litigation and trial practice before federal and state courts, as well as before governmental agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
At Fisher Phillips, Walter provides representation in employment-related legal claims and government agency investigations, trade secret theft and unfair competition, discrimination, termination, and harassment claims, and contact claims, including employment contracts and non-competition agreements.
Walter is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected twice for inclusion in Georgia Super Lawyers.
- Mediation of non compete and trade secret case before USDC magistrate to obtain $140,000 settlement in favor of client.
- Arbitration of auto dealer general manager termination claim winning complete award for client.
- Won summary judgment in favor of client on slander and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims by former bank branch president.
- Won summary judgment on employment contract termination action with non compete and significant severance issues.
- Won summary judgment in favor of client against race and national origin discrimination termination claims.
- Wachovia Insurance Services Inc. v Fallon, 299 Ga. App. 440 (2009)
- Atlantic Insurance Brokers v Slade Hancock Agency, 287 Ga. App. 677 (2007)
- Porex Corporation v. Haldopoulos, 284 Ga. App. 510 (2007)
- Douglas County Chamber of Commerce v Philadelphia, 237 Fed Appx. 410 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Kollman v. International Broth. of Elec. Workers AFL-CIO-CFL, 369 F.3d 1209 (11th Cir.2004)
- McLean v. Patten Communities, Inc., 332 F.3d 714 (4th Cir. 2003)
- Silvestre v. Sera Care, Inc.,2002 WL 32341778 (E.D. Pa. 2002)
- Feltner v. Bluegreen Corp.,WL 31399106 (S.D. Ind. 2002)
- Bandy v. Mills, 216 Ga. App. 407, 454 S.E. 2d 610 (Ga. App.1995)
- Airborne Freight Corp. v. N.L.R.B., 728 F.2d 357 (6th Cir. 1984)
- International Ass’n of Machinists v Aerospace Division UOP Inc., 580 F.Supp 641 (D. Conn. 1984)
Honors & Leadership
- Decatur First United Methodist Church, Trustee
- Supporter of the High Museum and OLPA - Olmsted Linear Park Alliance
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 1976, cum laude
- Davidson CollegeB.A. 1973
- South Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Georgia Supreme Court
- South Carolina Supreme Court