Wendy C. Hyland
Wendy Hyland is Of Counsel in the Louisville office. She represents employers in all aspects of employment law, handling claims involving the full complement of employment statutes, including the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA),the Kentucky Civil Rights Act, and related tort and contract claims. Wendy also works with clients on effective policies, investigations, and training.
Wendy is a 2009 graduate of Leadership Louisville Center's Ignite Louisville program geared toward the leadership development of young professionals. She is also a member of the University of Kentucky Law Alumni Board of Directors.
In law school, Wendy was a member of the Kentucky Law Journal and authored the article, "Equal Opportunity for Employers: Elevating the Adverse Employment Action Standard to Allow Only Meritorious Retaliation Claims." 90 Ky. L.J. 273 (Fall 2001/2002).
Prior to entering private practice, Wendy completed a clerkship with the Kentucky Supreme Court, Honorable James E. Keller.
- Benningfield v. Pettit Environmental, 183 S.W.3d 567 (Ky. App. 2006)
Honors & Leadership
- Louisville, Kentucky and American Bar Associations
- Presenter, Kentucky Bar Association Convention, 2011
- University of Kentucky Law Alumni Board
- Legislative Affairs Chair, Louisville Society for Human Resource Management
- Younger Woman’s Club Board of Directors
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Unemployment Compensation"
UK/CLE Employment Law in Kentucky Handbook, 4th ed.
(2012) Update/Chapter 12
- University of Kentucky College of LawJ.D. 2002
- George Washington UniversityM.A. 1999
- University of KentuckyB.A. 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Supreme Court
- Kentucky Court of Appeals