Tabatha L. George
Tabatha George is an associate in the New Orleans office. She specializes in employee benefits, including retirement and welfare plans and healthcare reform. She has particular expertise in Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance including defending companies against employer mandate penalties and preparing 1095-C reporting. She also focuses on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and data breaches involving health plan information.
Before joining the firm, Tabby was a Simpson Thacher fellow with the Harvard Project on Disability and practiced for two years in New York as a transactional attorney.
Tabatha was included in Louisiana Super Lawyers - Rising Stars in 2016.
Honors & Leadership
- Subcommittee Member, Louisiana State Bar Association's Diversity Subcommittee
- Board member, Lighthouse for the Blind of New Orleans
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State1.4.16
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- ACA Enforcement Begins: What Employers Need to Know about Letter 226J and the First Employer Mandate Penalty AssessmentsWebinar12.7.17
- Memphis Annual Labor & Employment Law Seminar5.11.17
- UBA Webinar4.11.17
- UBA Webinar2.14.17
- One Day, Many Solutions New Orleans5.13.16
- "Social Media in the Workplace" - Lorman’s Employment Law Update - Kenner, Louisiana
- Eleventh Hour Ruling Impacts Healthcare Industry On Eve Of Implementation1.3.17
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D. 2007
- Harvard CollegeA.B. 2003, cum laude
- New York