Tabatha L. George
Tabatha George is an associate in the New Orleans office. She specializes in employee benefits, including retirement and welfare plans and healthcare reform. She has particular expertise in Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance, data breaches involving health information, and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Before joining the firm, Tabby was a Simpson Thacher fellow with the Harvard Project on Disability and practiced for two years in New York as a transactional attorney.
Tabatha was included in Louisiana Super Lawyers - Rising Stars in 2016.
Honors & Leadership
- Subcommittee Member, Louisiana State Bar Association's Diversity Subcommittee
- Board member, Lighthouse for the Blind of New Orleans
- New Orleans Labor and Employment Lawyers Named Among Best in State1.4.16
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- One Day, Many Solutions New Orleans5.13.16
- "Social Media in the Workplace" - Lorman’s Employment Law Update - Kenner, Louisiana
- Affordable Care Act
- Data Security and Workplace Privacy
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Defection and Trade Secrets
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Non-Competition and Trade Secrets Agreements
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D. 2007
- Harvard CollegeA.B. 2003, cum laude
- New York