Samina is a Global Human Resources Consultant located in the firm's Philadelphia office and is a member of the International Employment Practice Group.
A qualified Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, Samina practiced law in a full-service law firm in London, specializing in civil litigation and employment matters, prior to emigrating to the US.
As an expatriate and immigrant, Samina understands the considerations, preparations and challenges which both expatriates and immigrants face. With her legal background, personal experience and qualification as a Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), Samina offers clients a unique perspective. Samina assists international employers with a variety of cross-border human resource issues.
Samina is also a member of domestic employment litigation teams defending employers in a range of matters concerning allegations of discrimination, wage and hour claims, breach of contract and wrongful termination. She assists in the preparation of Affirmative Action Plans, and in the crafting of employment policy manuals and materials for collective bargaining agreements.
Samina has presented on the laws of hiring and employment termination in England and Wales.
Honors & Leadership
In addition to her work with Fisher Phillips, Samina holds the position of Executive Director of the International Employers Forum, a non-profit organization dedicated to the provision of both current information on a broad spectrum of relevant topics and networking opportunities to legal and human resources professionals whose organizations employ workers globally.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Cross Border Employer Blog3.30.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog1.19.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog12.26.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog12.18.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog12.4.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog11.30.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog11.22.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog8.10.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog12.17.15
- Cross Border Employer Blog11.20.15
- Cross Border Employer Blog8.25.15
- The University of LawC.P.E 1992
L.S.F. 1993, with honors
- University of LondonB.A. (HONS) 1990