Spring Taylor is an associate in the firm's Kansas City office. She represents clients in all aspects of employment litigation, including harassment claims, wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, and misappropriation of trade secrets and non-compete litigation. Spring also has extensive experience in FMLA adjudication, and in defending FMLA interference and retaliation claims. Spring proactively counsels employers on the latest employment law regulations through client updates and to avoid risks and the possibility of litigation.
Spring regularly conducts client trainings and seminars covering a wide-range of employment topics, including FMLA, legislative updates, the use of artificial intelligence in hiring, and hot topics employment.
Prior to law school, Spring spent several years in the hospitality and travel industry and in employment benefits. This experience provides Spring with a unique insight into the needs of her clients and allows her to efficiently and effectively address their issues.
- Representing an international technology company in trade secret litigation case, with our client seeking $20 million in damages.
- Represented an international technology company in a trade secret/non-compete enforcement case. Client received a multi-million dollar settlement.
- Successfully defended a large life sciences company against a wrongful termination discrimination lawsuit in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Drafted a corporate compliance and ethics policies for a multi-state non-profit based in Missouri.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- CALI Award for Business Management for Lawyers
- CALI Award for Food Law
- CALI Award for Law Practice Management
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Griffiths Women’s Leadership Society
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Does AI Improve Outcomes, Create Risk, or Both?9.18.18
- Employment Law Challenges Impacting Kansas City’s Hospitality Employers
Hotel & Lodging Association of Greater Kansas City
- University Missouri School of LawJ.D. 2016
- University of Central FloridaB.S 2005, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri