Samantha Saltzman is a member of the firm’s COVID-19 Taskforce, a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys dedicated to advising employers on the many workplace law aspects of the global coronavirus pandemic.
Samantha is an associate in the Irvine office. She represents a broad range of employers, from small businesses to national companies. She defends those employers in a full scope of labor and employment matters, from single plaintiff to multi-plaintiff cases, from wage and hour claims to discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims.
Her practice also includes counseling employers in all areas of labor and employment matters to prevent litigation from even arising. Samantha has assisted in the preparation and development of countless employee handbooks, polices, and procedures. Utilizing her MBA and business background, Samantha prides herself on providing advice to the companies she represents. Her prior business experience enables her to find both legally compliant and practical solutions to clients’ everyday employment and workplace issues.
Samantha earned her JD/MBA dual degree from Loyola Law School and Loyola Marymount University. There, she served as a Research Editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, a Senator for the Graduate Students of Loyola Marymount University, President of the International Law Society, and Speaker Chair of the Women’s Law Association. Samantha was also inducted into the St. Thomas More Honor Society.
During law school, Samantha served as a judicial extern for the Honorable R. Gary Klausner at the United States District Court for the Central District of California and volunteered with the Loyola Center for Conflict Resolution.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future11.15.18
- Autonomous Vehicles Blog - Driving the Future10.26.18
- Labor Department Throws COVID-19 Curveball In Latest Guidance, Suggests Shut Down Employees Won’t Qualify For Leave3.29.20
- Labor Department Offers Guidance On Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Effective As Of April 13.24.20
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2017
- Loyola Marymount UniversityM.B.A 2017
- Loyola Marymount UniversityB.B.A 2012, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California