Shawn Romer is an associate in the Cleveland office where he advises and represents management in counseling and litigation involving a wide variety of employment and labor matters. He has represented private and publicly traded entities in a number of employment litigation matters, in addition to public entities and school districts. He has participated in all aspects of litigation, from pre-suit counseling to defense of administrative charges to jury trials in both state and federal courts.
Shawn is experienced in defending management in in litigation involving the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and corresponding state employment laws. Has also assisted in advising employers on union matters and representing management in labor arbitrations.
Shawn was also selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for 2014 - 2016.
Honors & Leadership
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment
- Cleveland-Marshall Alumni Association, Life Member
- Miami University Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, FrontLine Service Counseling and Wellness Center
- Volunteer Magistrate, Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court
- Three Others Listed as 2016 Ohio Rising Stars12.2.15
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Which is Riskier? Hiring Criminals or Conducting Background Checks? Presented to the Ohio Chamber of Commerce HR Academy
- Combating the Unfair Competitive Edge: Random Drug Testing Should be Implemented in Standardized Testing to Deter Illicit and Unfair use of Prescription Stimulants, Note, 21 J.L. & Health 1, 151, 2008.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of LawJ.D. 2008, cum laude
- Miami UniversityB.A. 2003, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of Ohio