Soo Y. Park
Soo Y. Park is an associate in the Los Angeles and Irvine offices. As an experienced litigation attorney, she represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law before state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
Soo has handled a broad range of cases involving allegations of wrongful termination, retaliation, whistleblower action, sexual harassment, trade secrets and unfair competition, unfair business practices, wage and hour class action, failure to provide medical leave, and discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability, among other claims.
Soo regularly counsels employers on wage and hour law, exemption status, meal and rest break policy, interviewing and hiring, harassment training, termination steps, reasonable accommodations, among other employment issues, guiding employers in their efforts to comply with state and federal law. Soo also drafts employment agreements, employee handbooks, arbitration agreements, independent contractor agreements, waivers, and various other forms and contracts for businesses.
She is experienced in advising clients in various industries: fashion and apparel, retail, restaurants, hospitality, construction, entertainment, and healthcare industry, as well as public entities.
While in law school, Soo was a member of the National Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (NAPALSA) and the International Law Students Association (ILSA). She served as President of the Korean Student Association at Tufts University.
Soo is fluent in Korean and has studied Japanese and Chinese.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Korean American Bar Association
- Member, Korean Community of Lawyers Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Obamacare," Featuring Soo Y. Park, Appeared on CTS “7000 Miracle," A Series of 30-Minute Television Talk Shows, Aired, June 12, 14, and 17, 2013
- "Civil Litigation Procedures," Featuring Soo Y. Park, Appeared on CTS "7000 Miracle," A Series of 30-Minute Television Talk Shows, Aired, January 15, 19, 23, and 26, 2013
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2010
- Tufts UniversityB.A. 2006, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California