Sherron Thomas McClain
Sherron Thomas McClain is Of Counsel in the Washington D.C. Metro office. Sherron focuses her practice on employment-related litigation and administrative matters and defends claims brought before federal courts and administrative agencies under a variety of federal and state employment statutes, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Sherron also routinely counsels employers of all sizes on matters such as complying with employment laws, managing the hiring and termination process, developing personnel policies and procedures, creating employment-related agreements, complying with and enforcing non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, conducting internal investigations of employee complaints, and responding to claims of wrongful termination and discrimination.
Before joining the firm, Sherron practiced employment law in the Washington, D.C. offices of Littler Mendelson and Jones Day, and in the Reston, Virginia office of Cooley.
- Amoah v. Paragon Sys., Inc., 160 F. Supp. 3d 1 (D.D.C. 2016)
- SW Gen., Inc. v. N.L.R.B., 796 F.3d 67 (D.C. Cir. 2015), aff'd, 137 S. Ct. 929, 197 L. Ed. 2d 263 (2017)
- E.E.O.C. v. Bloomberg L.P., 967 F. Supp. 2d 802 (S.D.N.Y. 2013)
- Farrington Law Firm Attorneys Join the National Labor & Employment Law Firm1.7.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- GWSCPA 2019 Women’s Leadership Conference
- Columbia Law SchoolJ.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2005
- Spelman CollegeB.A., summa cum laude, 2002
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia