Sarah K. Biran
Sarah Biran is a partner in the firm’s Washington D.C. Metro office located in Bethesda, Maryland. Sarah focuses her practice on employment-related litigation and administrative matters in proceedings across the country in federal and state courts and agencies. Sarah’s experience includes defending employers who face claims of discrimination, harassment or retaliation, as well as family leave violations or trade secret and non-competition claims.
In addition to her litigation practice, Sarah routinely counsels employers on compliance in areas such as discrimination, sexual and other forms of harassment, retaliation, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, FMLA and other leave laws. Sarah has extensive experience drafting handbooks and policies, drafting and negotiating contracts, conducting internal investigations, and counseling clients on a wide variety of day-to-day business and regulatory matters.
Before joining Fisher Phillips, Sarah was a partner at the Farrington Law Firm, served as associate general counsel for Yale University, and practiced in the Washington, D.C., office of O’Melveny & Myers LLP. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable David F. Levi, then judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California.
- Farrington Law Firm Attorneys Join the National Labor & Employment Law Firm1.7.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- A Stitch in Time: How Human Resources Manager Training Can Reduce Employment Litigation Risk – Association of Corporate Counsel National Capital Region
- Hot Topics in an Evolving Workplace – Association of Corporate Counsel National Capital Region
- Stanford Law SchoolJ.D. 1996
- Williams CollegeB.A. 1992, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland