Samantha J. Monsees
Samantha Monsees is an associate in the firm’s Kansas City office. Her practice focuses on defending employers against claims arising under national and state statutes, including representing employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), state and local administrative agencies, and in state and federal courts. She also counsels employers on personnel policies and procedures.
Prior to joining the firm, Samantha practiced for three years with a Kansas City defense firm, where she engaged in labor and employment litigation and general litigation defense practice, including the defense of insurance agents and brokers against errors and omissions (E&O) claims, and the defense of various premises liability and personal injury claims.
While in law school, Samantha was the President of the KU Federalist Society, was an intern for the County Attorney of Franklin County, Kansas, a research extern for the Supreme Court of Kansas, and was a law clerk for the Law Offices of George A. Barton; a firm specializing in complex commercial litigation.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training: Alumni and Mentor
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Man and Woman of the Year
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- University of Kansas School of LawJ.D. 2012
- University of KansasB.S. and B.A. 2005
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri