Samantha J. Monsees
Samantha Monsees is an associate in the firm’s Kansas City office. Her practice focuses on defending employers in claims arising from all aspects of the employment relationship, including wage and hour, discrimination, and retaliation. Samantha’s experience includes representing employers before state and local administrative agencies including the EEOC, OSHA, MCHR, the Missouri Department of Labor, and in state and federal courts. She also counsels employers on personnel policies, procedures, and workplace safety and compliance.
Prior to joining the firm, Samantha practiced for three years with a Kansas City defense firm, where she engaged in employment litigation and general litigation defense practice for several area auto dealerships. Her practice also included defending various premises liability, consumer protection, and personal injury claims.
While in law school, Samantha was the President of the KU Federalist Society, was an intern for the County Attorney of Franklin County, Kansas, a research extern for the Supreme Court of Kansas, and was a law clerk for a firm specializing in complex commercial litigation.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training: Alumni and Mentor
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Man and Woman of the Year
- University of Kansas School of LawJ.D. 2012
- University of KansasB.S. and B.A. 2005
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri