Robert D. Wilson III
Robert Wilson is a partner in the San Diego office. He handles multi-party complex and class action litigation throughout California, including the defense of wage-and-hour class actions, Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) representative actions and other labor and employment law claims. He is an experienced litigator having been involved in over 80 class and PAGA actions while obtaining extraordinary results for his clients.
Robert routinely represents clients in all types of wage-and-hour class and PAGA actions including claims for: unpaid wages, unpaid overtime, meal period and rest break violations, failure to reimburse business expenses, failure to pay minimum wages, regular rate of pay issues and wage statement violations.
Robert also regularly performs workplace investigations and conducts employee interviews on behalf of management. He also provides compliance advice and counseling, conducts audits and he provides executive and management training.
Robert works on the front-lines on handling PAGA letters sent to employers. He quickly forms a defense and mitigation strategy with his clients and he expeditiously takes prompt action on behalf of his clients.
Robert is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in San Diego Magazine as a Top Lawyer in Employment Law since 2017.
California Supreme Court
Brinker Restaurant Corp. v. Superior Court (Hohnbaum) (2012) 53 Cal.4th 1004.
One of the lead attorneys in this landmark wage-and-hour Supreme Court decision addressing the proper interpretation of California’s meal period and rest break statutes.
LAW 360 –Boutique Agrees To $1.75M Deal In OT Suit
A personal styling boutique agreed to a $1.75 million deal to end a California federal lawsuit that had alleged workers were required to perform off-the-clock work that they weren’t paid for.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2018 LEGAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE LOS ANGELES, Wage and Hour Panel –
Key Note Speaker, June 2018
- 2017 LEGAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE LOS ANGELES, Wage and Hour Panel –
Moderator & Key Note Speaker, June 2017
- SPRING IS HERE AND IT’S TIME TO CLEAN OUT YOUR KITCHEN CABINETS (AND EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK), February 2016
- EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE – Keynote Speaker, Breakfast Presentation, January 2016
- EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE – Keynote Speaker, CalCPA - 16th Annual Tax & Accounting Institute, November 2012
- Recent Developments in Personal Injury – Co-Authored Presentation & Law Review Article, University of San Francisco Maritime Law Journal, The Pacific Admiralty Seminar, October 2012
- The Hybrid Case: Harassment and Employment Issues in the Maritime Context –
- Co-Authored Presentation, Bodily Injury Roundtable, Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. (Insurance Co.), September 2012
- Brinker: It isn’t Black and White – Keynote Speaker (1 of 2), Breakfast Presentation, April 2012
- Albany Law School of Union UniversityJ.D. 2001
- Northeastern UniversityB.S. with Honors, Business Administration, 1998, magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California