Rebecca S. King
Rebecca King is an associate in the Irvine office. She counsels and defends clients in all areas of labor and employment law. In addition Rebecca has experience resolving matters at all stages from pre-claim negotiations through successfully obtaining a defense verdict at trial. She also has experience advising clients on labor and employment issues, contracts, and other general matters.
While in law school, Rebecca competed in mock trial competitions as a member of the Byrne Trial Advocacy program and was awarded the ABOTA graduate award for excellence in the preparation and trial practice of the law. Between college and law school she worked for the Financial Planning Association in Denver
- Demurrer sustained without leave to amend – civil rights & legal malpractice
- Complete defense verdict after 3 day jury trial – trademark infringement
Honors & Leadership
- Rebecca serves as a guest judge for the Loyola Law School Byrne Trial Advocacy team.
- Prior to obtaining her J.D., Rebecca represented juvenile clients in juvenile delinquency court pro bono as a certified law student. She also served as the Marketing Chair of the Public Interest Law Foundation at Loyola Law School.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Joint Employers, Disability Retaliation and the Failure to Accommodate
- Resident Manager Training on Policies and Conflicts of Interest
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2015, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Biola UniversityB.A. 2004, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California