Rebecca S. King
Rebecca King focuses on practical solutions with an eye on cost effective resolution of employment-related issues. She has significant experience with wage and hour class and PAGA lawsuits as well as single-Plaintiff litigation. She also counsels and defends clients in all areas of labor and employment law to help business try to prevent or resolve potential issues before they result in litigation. In addition, Rebecca has experience resolving matters at all stages from pre-claim negotiations through successfully obtaining a defense verdict at trial.
While in law school, Rebecca competed in mock trial competitions as a member of the Byrne Trial Advocacy program and was awarded the ABOTA graduate award for excellence in the preparation and trial practice of the law. Between college and law school she worked for the Financial Planning Association in Denver during which she managed multiple employees, so she understands first-hand challenges that managers face.
- Favorable resolution of a PAGA lawsuit involving 1,400 employees in the PAGA period
- Favorable resolution of class action for manufacturing company with multiple locations and hundreds of employees
- Obtained individual resolution for small business facing collective action claims without expensive motion practice
- Successfully obtained dismissal of causes of action through meet and confer efforts in early litigation stages
- Demurrer sustained without leave to amend – civil rights & legal malpractice
- Complete defense verdict after 3 day jury trial – trademark infringement
Honors & Leadership
- Rebecca serves as a guest judge for the Loyola Law School Byrne Trial Advocacy team.
- Rebecca learned to ice skate while studying for the bar exam and competes with the Ballyhoo Ice Theatre team.
- Prior to obtaining her J.D., Rebecca represented juvenile clients in juvenile delinquency court pro bono as a certified law student. She also served as the Marketing Chair of the Public Interest Law Foundation at Loyola Law School
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Joint Employers, Disability Retaliation and the Failure to Accommodate
- Resident Manager Training on Policies and Conflicts of Interest
- Gig Employer Blog10.17.18
- Gig Employer Blog7.11.18
- Loyola Law SchoolJ.D. 2015, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Biola UniversityB.A. 2004, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California