Philip J. Smith
Philip is Of Counsel in the firm’s San Francisco office where he represents employers in all types of employment-related litigation, including claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to provide reasonable accommodation, leave law violations, wage and hour violations, unfair competition, and tort and contract-based disputes.
Philip also counsels employers on a variety of workplace matters including risk assessment and litigation avoidance, policy development and compliance, training and employment contracts.
Philip regularly represents clients in federal and state courts as well as before administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and California’s Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Marine Corps Association
- University of California, Hastings College of the LawJ.D., 2004
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A., 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California