Paul E. Goatley
Paul Goatley is a member of the firm’s SBA Loan Team, dedicated to advising employers on the inner workings of the complex CARES Act loan process during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Paul E. Goatley advises and represents employers in all areas of employment and labor law, including:
- Advice and counsel on issues related to leaves of absence, disability, hiring, disciplinary actions, such as separation from employment, and internal complaints of harassment, discrimination and retaliation;
- The development, implementation, and application of employee handbook and other workplace policies;
- Discrimination and harassment claims, involving claims based on sex, disability, age, among others;
- Wage and hour issues, including claims related to minimum wage obligations, overtime wage compensation obligations, and the exempt status of employees;
- Issues related to the classification of independent contractors; and
- Class and collective action litigation.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Paul was an associate at a labor and employment firm in California and worked for several years at the Association of Corporate Counsel in Washington, D.C.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- February 7-8, 2019
- Can – And Should – Kentucky Employers Make Decisions Based on a Person’s Potential Future Disability?1.1.20
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.22.20
- Employment Privacy Blog5.18.20
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog2.14.20
- Gig Employer Blog12.6.19
- Gig Employer Blog11.14.18
- American University, Washington College of LawJ.D. 2015 cum laude
- University of LouisvilleB.A. 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky