Nate provides employers strategic counsel across the full spectrum of employment-related issues, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disability, leaves of absence, unfair competition, wage and hour, discipline, and separation. Nate also works with employers to tailor their employee handbooks, policies, and employment contracts to align with company values and culture and to train management and employees on employment issues.
Nate regularly represents private and public employers of all sizes in employment-litigation matters in federal and state court and before federal, state, and local agencies. He has successfully defended clients against claims for breach of contract, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, failure to accommodate disabilities, withheld wages, unfair competition, and other claims.
Honors & Leadership
- Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference Planning Committee: 2015, 2018
- KCBA Member
- WSBA Labor and Employment Law Section, Litigation Section, Corporate Counsel Section
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Indiana University Maurer School of LawJ.D., 2008, magna cum laude
- University of WashingtonB.S., 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Washington Supreme Court