Miranda Watkins is an associate in the firm's San Diego office. Miranda is passionate about counseling businesses of all sizes on their day-to-day labor and employment issues, offering preventative advice and tools to protect employers. She also litigates cases on variety of issues, including disability discrimination claims, leaves of absences, wage and hour claims, retaliation and wrongful termination. She represents employers in a range of industries in all areas of labor and employment law. Before joining Fisher Phillips, Miranda worked as an associate attorney for a national law firm, focusing on employment and general civil litigation matters.
During law school, Miranda served as a law clerk for an administrative law judge at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) where her work focused solely on federal employment discrimination matters.
Prior to beginning her legal career, Miranda worked as a publicist for a Los Angeles based public relations firm where she worked on numerous red carpet, film, television, and home entertainment publicity campaigns.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Former Board of Directors, New Lawyer Division of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Member, Junior League San Diego
- Guest Lecturer, Human Resource Management and the Law, San Diego State University College of Extended Studies
- Articles Editor, San Diego Journal of Climate and Energy Law, University of San Diego School of Law
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
“CFRA Abuse: How to Identify and Halt Leave Abuse in California Without Legal Backlash,” BLR webinar
“New EEOC National Origin Discrimination Enforcement Guidance: How to Avoid Legal Risks,” BLR webinar
- "California Workplace Investigations from Complaint to Closure: A Step-by-Step Guide for HR,” BLR webinar
- “Workplace Investigations from Complaint to Closure: A Step-by-Step Guide for HR,” BLR webinar
- “Social Media and the Workplace,” Human Resource Management and the Law, San Diego State University College of Extended Studies
- "Disabilities in the Workplace and Workers Compensation," Human Resource Management and the Law, San Diego State University College of Extended Studies
- Gig Employer Blog1.27.17
- Gig Employer Blog10.20.16
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D. 2011
- San Diego State UniversityB.A. 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California