Margaret J. Scheele
Margaret is a partner in the firm’s Washington D.C. Metro office located in Bethesda, Maryland, where she represents employers in all areas of employment law. As a former in-house attorney, Margaret understands that her clients deal with real business challenges, not just abstract legal issues. She works for a range of clients in a variety of industries, including aviation, food service, telecommunications, health care, and government contracting.
Margaret’s practice runs the gamut from advice and counseling to representing clients in court proceedings and before administrative agencies. Margaret litigates employment-related claims in federal and state courts. She has handled numerous administrative charges before federal, state and local agencies across the country, represents clients in administrative hearings, and consistently achieves no cause findings and dismissals. Margaret also drafts employee handbooks and personnel policies, develops and presents management training programs on employment law compliance, including anti-harassment training, and conducts internal investigations for clients involving allegations of discrimination and/or harassment.
Before joining Fisher Phillips, Margaret practiced employment law in the Baltimore office of Miles & Stockbridge P.C., in-house at MCI Communications Corporation, in the Tysons Corner, Virginia office of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, and at The Farrington Law Firm, LLC.
Honors & Leadership
Margaret has been involved in a variety of volunteer activities in her Northern Virginia neighborhood and at her sons’ schools. She has been a volunteer mentor to elementary school students through Mentorworks. She also served as the Advancement Co-Chair for Boy Scout Troop 1533, received the Patriot District Spirit Award, and is the proud parent of two Eagle Scouts.
- Farrington Law Firm Attorneys Join the National Labor & Employment Law Firm1.7.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- A Stitch in Time: How Human Resources Manager Training Can Reduce Employment Litigation Risk – Association of Corporate Counsel National Capital Region
- Hot Topics in an Evolving Workplace – Association of Corporate Counsel National Capital Region
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap1.6.21
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap11.11.20
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap11.9.20
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap11.4.20
- University of Maryland School of LawJ.D., with honors
- Syracuse UniversityM.A., with honors
- Notre Dame of Maryland UniversityB.A., summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland