Michelli Rivera is an associate in the firm's Atlanta office. She represents clients in all areas of labor and employment law including employment discrimination claims, wrongful termination claims, wage and hour disputes and audits, non-compete and restrictive covenants, compliance, training, and prevention.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Michelli practiced with the law firm of Burr & Forman, LLP handling commercial business disputes and employment matters. Previously, she interned with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) litigation division and Honorable Judge Reuben M. Green, Cobb County Superior Court. Additionally, Michelli worked as a summer associate for Fisher Phillips in 2013.
While attending law school at Georgia State University, Michelli served as President of the Student Bar Association. She also worked as a litigation teaching associate, assisting second year students prepare for mock trials and she actively participated as a member of the Student Trial Lawyers Association and Business & Law Society.
Michelli continues to serve her alma mater as a 2014 Co-Chair on the GSU Law Alumni Committee.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Class of 2014 Co-Chair, Georgia State College of Law Alumni Committee
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2017 National ILG ConferenceAugust 1 - 4, 2017
- One Day, Many Solutions Atlanta3.22.16
- Compliance Audits and Counseling
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Employment Discrimination and Harassment
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Non-Competition and Trade Secrets Agreements
- Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Litigation
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Georgia State University College of LawJ.D. 2014
- Georgia State UniversityB.A. 2010
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Superior Court