Michael A. Holt
Mike’s practice is focused on high-stakes litigation including employment and unfair competition litigation. He has represented employers at all stages of litigation, from pre-suit demand through trial and appeal. Mike also has years of experience in commercial litigation including trademarks, antitrust, and professional liability matters.
Mike’s clients have spanned a broad range of industries, including: major airlines; travel agencies; insurance and annuity companies; banks and mortgage lenders; automotive dealerships; construction companies; hotels and nightclubs; and other businesses of various sizes and industries.
Before joining the Fisher Phillips, Mike was litigator at an international law firm in Miami, where he managed complex cases from start to finish. He has also spent time as a student affairs administrator at the University of California and Northwood University, where he also taught various college-level classes and workshops on the theories of effective leadership.
- Moreira v. American Airlines, Inc., 157 F. Supp. 3d 1208 (S.D. Fla. 2016)
- De Abreu v. Fernandez, 237 So. 3d 336 (Fla. 3d DCA 2017) (affirmed per curiam)
- Starky v. DBVT Motors, Inc., 171 So. 3d 732 (Fla. 4th DCA 2015) (affirmed per curiam)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- University of Miami School of LawJ.D. 2011, summa cum laude
- Michigan State UniversityM.A. 2004
- University of MiamiB.S. 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida