Michael C. Greene
As a member the Affirmative Action and Federal Contract Compliance practice group, Michael advises contractors and subcontractors on developing, maintaining, and analyzing annual AAPs, as well as other obligations associated with federal contract work. He has successfully guided contractors through OFCCP audits involving large and small workforces. In addition to OFCCP/AAP work, Michael defends clients before state and federal courts and agencies. From discrimination to workplace torts (such as defamation) to wage and hour matters, he has employment litigation experience across the board. Michael works proactively with management through counseling and training to identify and limit legal exposure arising from labor and employment issues.
Michael routinely speaks at HR and legal seminars about new laws, developing employment trends, and best practices for human resources and compliance professionals. In 2016, Super Lawyers Magazine recognized Michael as a “2016 Rising Star,” a designation awarded to less than 2.5% of the practicing attorneys in the state. He also is an active member of the South Carolina and the Charlotte-Area Industry Liaison Groups.
During law school, Michael served as Chair of the Honor Council, an editor for the Southeastern Environmental Law Journal, and received the Joseph O. Rogers, Jr. Scholarship. Prior to graduating, he clerked for the Honorable Henry F. Floyd, who now sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, South Carolina Industry Liaison Group
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- Member, South Carolina Bar – Young Lawyers Division
- Board Member, Communities in Schools - The Midlands
- American Heart Association Heart Walk Logistics Committee
- General Member, South Carolina Dietetics Panel
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- One Day, Many Solutions Columbia5.4.16
- EEOC Goes Electronic: FAQs On EEOC's New Electronic Pilot Program
- "Workplace Behavior and Privacy Issues," National Business Institute seminar, Columbia, SC
- "S.C. Legal Update," N.C. & S.C. 2015 Labor and Employment Conference, Charleston, SC
- "Labor and Employment Update," Edge Field Human Resources Meeting, Edgefield, SC
- "Does Your Handbook Need a Tune-up," Pee Dee SHRM Employment Law Update, Florence, SC
- "Looking Back: South Carolina's 2013 EEOC"
Statistics S.C. Bar Employ. & Labor Law Newsletter, Spring 2014
- "Overtime is Not a Major Life Activity – Boitnott v. Corning"
S.C. Bar Employ. & Labor Law Newsletter, Summer 2012
- "Simmons v. United Mortgage and Loan Investment, LLC: An Ineffective Attempt at Mooting an Action"
S.C. Bar Employ. & Labor Law Newsletter, Winter 2012
- United States v. Coleman (case note)
62 S.C. L. Rev. 567 (2011)
- Three Letters Preventing the Success of International Environmental Treaties (student note)
18 Southeastern Envtl. L.J. 137 (2009)
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog6.12.15
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 2011
- Wofford CollegeB.S. 2007
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- South Carolina Court of Appeals